Sunday, March 7, 2010

30 Reasons I Love Justin

Derek and I weren't able to make it to Justin's big 30th birthday bash so I thought I'd post a little something in honor of my brother. I also created a playlist of songs that remind me of all the good times we all had growing up together. So turn up the sound and enjoy!


1. Justin literally saved my life. I jumped into a pool when I was too young to swim and he jumped in to pull me out.

2. Growing up, I thought he was the coolest thing that walked the planet.

3. He is cunning and sly. He convinced me raking the grass was cool to get me to do his chores.

4. He introduced me to reggae music.

5. He has a great sense of fashion.

6. Going shopping with him and Lyric always meant you'd get an honest opinion.

7. His creativity.

8. When he drove to San Fran to see Becky he called me every hour to tell me where he was and how many miles he had to go.

9. He's always good for a laugh.

10. Teaching Lyric and I how to really toilet paper a house.

11. Playing catch.

12. I sent him a snowboarding magazine on his mission and he tore out pages and sent them back with spiritual thoughts.

13. Derek's favorite- When Justin says "Good Night!"

14. Late night talks

15. I had my own room when I came to stay with him and Becky.

16. Introducing me to good books

17. Ho-hos and Sparkling cider after work

18. Teaching me to play football

19. His positive attitude

20. Trips to Walmart at midnight

21. Inviting me to stay with him while he lived in Boise.

22. Taking me to the donut shop at 2 am to get fresh donuts.

23. Teaching me to snowboard.

24. Getting me my first snowboard.

25. Java hot chocolate and kitchen-sink cookies

26. Night boarding

27. Going to the Kenny Chesney concert with me and my friends.

28. Buying me my first Fossil watch for high school graduation with a letter about how now it was "my time"

29. Taking Derek and I to our first hockey game.

30. I still think he's the coolest thing to have ever walked the planet!

Happy Birthday Justin!!

5 comments:

The VIPs said...

Ariane, this is so sweet- he's going to love it. (and the song by Shakira on your list made me laugh right out loud)

Vip said...

Ariane and Derek, This is awesome. Thank you so much. The post is amazing, my favorite is the playlist as I am sure you thought it would be. Buffalo Solider is one of my favorite Bob Marley songs. Thank you for this and the story that was read last night at the party. It was a great time and I am bummed that you all missed it but we will see you in a couple of weeks and we can go to dinner then or something. Thanks again and I love all three of you.

Vip said...

By the way, you have amber on here, did I tell you that we saw 311 on Friday night at the Knitting Factory? It was amazing.

SL&G said...

Oh my gosh # 6 reminded me of the time we were shopping at tjmax and that lady said family always gives an honest opinion and she had lipstick on her teeth! We couldn't stop laughing after we left! Good times! Great list!

Brittany said...

You are so lucky to have a big brother! And it sounds like you have a really great one!!! I always wanted a big brother!