Monday, June 7, 2010

Road Trip

For Memorial Day weekend we went to visit Derek's Oma (that's german for grandma) in Modesto. We had a great trip. Here are a few pictures I took to document our road trip.

Brody was fascinated by these, as I'm sure most kids are.

Brody got to see his first real train. "Choo Choo"

Nothing like a game of football after a long car ride.






Brody meeting Great-grandpa Riddle

A Four Generation Photo
Oma, Jim, Derek, Brody
Brody keeping busy on the car ride home. Thankfully Brody did really well in the car.
So while were driving we see some of these silos/water towers (whatever they are) in the fields and Brody starts pointing and trying to tell me something. I couldn't quite make it out so I just nod and say "yeah Brody." Then he says "meow" and I realize he was saying hat. He had just watched The Cat in the Hat with his dad earlier that week. I was quite amazed.
Getting a good look of the goats at the petting zoo.

Enjoying an aprium we bought at a fruit stand. Yum!


3 comments:

SL&G said...

Heres hoping our road trip all together goes well! Brody is such a cutie! Can't wait to see him!

Brittany said...

Looks like you guys had a good time! Brody is so smart!!!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

What a fun trip!! Looks like everyone had a good time!! Brody is so cute!!