Friday, June 11, 2010

So Long to the City...

Although I'm excited to get out of the heat and start a new adventure with my little family, this city holds many memories for me and there are several things I'm going to miss.


  • Shopping. Tons of stores. Outlets malls. H&M. And the list goes on and on.
  • Sunflower Market and Trader Joe's. Where will I get great prices on fresh produce? And more importantly, where will I get Joe Joe's? Better stock up before I leave.
  • Target. Ok I know there is a Target where we are going, but here I have two in a 7 mi radius.
  • Our pet lizard in the back yard.
  • Play dates with friends
  • Waffles Cafe along with several other local, yummy restaurants
  • Bittersweet memories of driving DI to get to Sunrise Hospital.
  • Las Vegas Nevada Temple.
  • And of course, Family and friends. I will miss getting together for birthdays, swimming at grandma's, shopping trips with Teresa just to get out of the house, lunch with Chad, Brody jumping on the bed with Papa, and much, much more.
Yes, this move would have been easier if we would have moved the first time or even the second time we planned to but I'm so grateful for the time we've spent here and the relationships I've built with my new family. We look forward to new adventures and new memories in our new home, but we will not forget our old home.

2 comments:

Vip said...

The Boise Temple looks like the LV Temple if that helps. We are going to be happy to have you close and if you really miss the city that much come visit us in BOISE. Can't wait to see you guys and start hanging out more. We love you!

CJMsquared+6 said...

Good Luck! It is super hard to move but the knowledge and experience and way you grow as a family out on your own are priceless! Have fun and just remember you can always visit and then vacation is that much more fun because you get to relive the past and do the things you love! I am so excited for you guys!