Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why it is so hard to be a Dad


This is Dad's first post to our family blog and it is dedicated to all those working fathers who can relate to this story. I was getting ready for work this morning and Ari was snuggled up sleeping in bed. Brody began to get a bit fussy so I went in and picked him up while I was waiting for my clothes to get out of the dryer. After a while, I noticed that I needed to put the petal to the metal if I wanted to make it to work on time so I told Ari to come and take him so I could finish getting ready. She simply said, "Put him in bed with me." I finished getting ready and was going to kiss my wife and son good-bye and head off for work when I beheld the scene that you all see in the picture. So there it is... Mom and Son all snuggled up, peacefully sleeping, and enjoying thier morning together while Dad has to drag himself off to a drudgery day at work. It is tough being the Dad sometimes but scenes like this makes work have a much better purpose.

2 comments:

MaudieV said...

Derek, What a wonderful post. What a blessing to us grandmothers to know that there are father's out there taking care of our daughters and grandchildren. Bless you.

SL&G said...

Very true... however, you may have noticed already how quickly our sweet wives remind us how much more difficult it is being a Mom. I've learned that it's best not to argue with her. :-)